Traffic Accident Report SR 1
If you are involved in a vehicle accident that occurred in California, you must report it to DMV if:
- There was property damage of more than $750 or
- Anyone was injured (no matter how minor) or
- Anyone was killed.
Under California Vehicle Code section 16004 (a) each driver must submit a Traffic Accident Report to DMV within 10 days. The accident report is required whether or not you were at fault or if the accident occurred on private property.
You can read the California Driver Handbook "Reporting The Accident To DMV." for additional information.
Information you will need to complete this form:
- Date of the accident
- Time of the accident
- Location of the accident
Following is information needed for both parties
- Name of driver
- Driver license number
- Vehicle information (year, make, plate number or VIN)
- Insurance information (located on insurance card)
- Company name (not the agent or broker)
- Policy number
- Policy Period
- Policy holder
Information needed for injury/death or property damage
- Name and address
- Property damaged (mailbox, fence, livestock, etc.)
This E-Form requires you to be a certified customer prior to accessing and submitting these forms. For more information on becoming a certified customer, please refer to the following link.