Application for Restricted Driver License Financial Responsibility Actions DL 691

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view, fill out and print forms. To incorporate the latest accessibility features download of the latest version of Acrobat Reader may be required. If you have problems with Acrobat Reader or our PDF form, select PDF Troubleshooting.

Information for this form.

If your driver license is suspended because you had a motor vehicle accident and you were not insured, you may be eligible to obtain a noncommercial restricted driver license during the mandatory one-year suspension period. If you have a commercial class A, B, or C license, Federal Regulations state you are not eligible for any of the following restrictions. However, if you downgrade to a noncommercial Class C or M driver license, you may obtain any or all of the restrictions noted below if you:

  • pay a $250 financial responsibility penalty fee and
  • pay the reissue fee and
  • file proof of financial responsibility (SR 22) with DMV

The restrictions are:

  • Driving to and from work, and during work, and/or
  • Driving yourself or other family members to obtain medical care for any serious medical problem, and/or
  • Driving your minor dependent to and from school if no public or school bus transportation is available.

If you choose to wait until the mandatory one-year suspension period has passed, you may reapply for an unrestricted driver license after you pay the reissue fee and file proof of financial responsibility (SR 22) with DMV.

Back to Main forms page