On-Line Refund Program: Refund Application
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or above to view/print the instructions. Click the button below "Get Acrobat Reader" to download this free software.
- Application for Refund Instructions
- Complete information requested in boxes 1 through 11 and box 14 of the Application for Refund form (link below). Once you have entered all the required information, scroll down to the bottom of the form and click the "Submit" button.
Select continue if
- you are requesting a refund of vehicle/vessel license fees charged for late payment and you know that payment was made on time* or
- you are requesting a refund of vehicle/vessel license fees for a vehicle/vessel that left California before the registration expired and was registered in another state* or
- you are requesting a refund of a reissue fee(s) because an action that required the fee has been dismissed and the dismissal has been reported to DMV by the court.
Note: This link "reissue fees," will provide a listing of types of reissue fees.
If you do not meet the above criteria then please print and mail the form Application for Refund (ADM 399) along with required documentation.
Login/Registration is not required for this online service.
*You may receive correspondence from DMV if it is determined that supporting documentation is required (e.g., copy of canceled check).