Ineligible for Online Renewal
- Vehicles requiring valid proof of insurance: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr18.htm
- The vehicle record/ownership changed after the renewal notice was generated:
- Vehicles with delinquent registration in collections: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/del_reg_ftb_faqs.htm
- International Registration Plan (IRP): http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/irp_hdbk/chapter_1.pdf
- Disabled placards: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr07.htm
- Permanent Trailer Identification (PTI): http://dmv.ca.gov/commercial/cvra.htm
- Exempt Vessels: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/reg_hdbk/ch24/ch24_19.htm
- Year of Manufacture (YOM): http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg352.htm
- Special Equipment: http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr19.htm
Insurance must be submitted by mail or in person for these vehicles.
This may include: address changes, transfers to a new owner, adding a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability to the vehicle's record after the renewal was mailed.
Transactions for vehicles requiring additional fees and processing.
Apportioned Registration, under the provisions of the International Registration Plan (IRP), is an optional method of registering commercial vehicles operating interstate in two or more member jurisdictions.
These may be issued if you have impaired mobility or specific, documented visual problems.
Trailers that are subject to Permanent Trailer Identification (PTI) registration.
Exempt agencies are not required to pay vessel fees with the exception of fees for a duplicate/substitute certificate or sticker. Exception- Vessels owned by The Department of Boating and Waterways are exempt from all registration fees; duplicate and substitute fees.
The YOM plate(s) must be officially manufactured California license plate(s) issued in 1969, or prior for autos, trailers, motorcycles and in 1972, or prior for commercial vehicles.
This category includes special construction equipment, cemetery equipment, special mobile equipment, logging equipment, implements of husbandry, and cotton or farm trailers.