Electronic Driver License and Identification Card (ID) Application
NOTE: In order to complete the electronic application, you must:
- Have the most updated version of our recommend browsers.
- Have access to an email address.
- Have an active phone number (landline or cell phone).
DMV customers can now fill out the new online Electronic Driver License and ID Card application before visiting a DMV field office. The electronic application can be completed using a computer, tablet or smart phone.
Customers completing a driver license or ID card transaction or changing their address should complete the electronic application. Completing the Electronic Driver License and ID Card Application does NOT renew a driver license or ID card, it simply allows a customer to fill out the required form before visiting a DMV field office. If customers choose and are eligible to renew their driver license or ID card online, they can use the DMV’s online services webpage.
Customers can also complete the electronic application in a field office using existing touch screen terminals. A log-in is not required when using the touch screen terminals in a DMV field office.
Using the electronic application is an efficient and secure method that requires the online user to have an active phone number and accessible email address to complete the required login to confirm their digital identity.
Creating an ID.me account following these simple steps:
- Select the “Begin” button below.
- Select the language and the transaction type.
- Select the “Create an ID.me account” button.
- Select the “Sign up for an account” link.
- Enter a valid e-mail address, create a password and confirm the password or create an account using your existing Facebook, Google or LinkedIn account.
- An e-mail with a six-digit confirmation code will be sent to the email address used to create the account.
- Enter the validation code in the box and select ‘Continue.’
- Then choose to receive a text or phone call to receive a second six-digit confirmation code.
- A six-digit code will be sent via text or call. Enter the validation code in the box and select ‘Continue.’
- You will then be logged into ID.me and can begin the electronic application for a driver license, ID card or change of address.
The easy-to-use Electronic Driver License and ID Card application guides applicants through the process of filling out the required fields. When customers arrive at a DMV field office, DMV employees can quickly access the completed form and begin to process it.
The electronic application is available in the following 10 languages:
The electronic application also allows customers to choose to be an organ and tissue donor and begin the process to register to vote. The organ and tissue donor and voter registration process will not be completed until an applicant visits a field office and submits the application to DMV and it is processed by the department.
All DMV field offices are equipped to assist customers with disabilities complete the electronic application. Each office has equipment and software including a virtual keyboard, Job Access With Speech (JAWS), zoom capabilities, and a large roller-track ball mouse.
Once a customer completes the application, they will receive an email with a confirmation number. We encourage customers to bring the confirmation number with them during their field office visit.
For more information about the electronic application, view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Click the begin button below to start the process.