Commercial Driver License Information
The California Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Program was enacted in the interest of improving traffic safety on our roadways. As a result, California has developed licensing and testing requirements for drivers of commercial vehicles which equals or exceeds federal standards.
It takes special skills and a professional attitude to safely operate large trucks and buses. Only professional drivers will receive and keep a Commercial Driver License (CDL). A CDL is proof of your professional skills and aptitude.
Commercial Programs and Information
- Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Program
- Motor Carrier Permit (MCP) Program
- CDL program information and how to apply for a license
- Medical Report for Commercial Driver License
- The Commercial Driver License handbook (PDF)
- Sample test questions for Class A and B licenses
- School Bus Study Guide
- Troops to Trucks - Military CDL Driving Test Waiver
- CDL Testing and CLP Standards
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view some of the linked documents on this page. To incorporate the latest accessibility features download of the latest version of Acrobat Reader may be required.