Commercial Driver License Information
The California Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Program was enacted in the interest of improving traffic safety on our roadways. As a result, California has developed licensing and testing requirements for drivers of commercial vehicles which equals or exceeds federal standards.
It takes special skills and a professional attitude to safely operate large trucks and buses. Only professional drivers will receive and keep a Commercial Driver License (CDL). A CDL is proof of your professional skills and aptitude.
The following are links to commercial programs and information:
- Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Program
- Motor Carrier Permit (MCP) Program
- CDL program information and how to apply for a license
- Medical Report for Commercial Driver License
- The Commercial Driver License handbook (PDF)
- Sample test questions for Class A and B licenses
- School Bus Study Guide
- Troops to Trucks - Military CDL Driving Test Waiver