Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
- When is a smog inspection required?
- Does my vehicle qualify for a smog exemption?
- What is a STAR station?
- When a car is sold, who is responsible for the inspection?
- What if my car fails the inspection?
- Which counties require a smog inspection for the registration renewal?
- Is there a military exemption from the smog inspection?
- My car is new. Am I still required to get the biennial smog inspection?
- A family member gave me a car. Is a smog inspection required?
- I heard about an old vehicle buy back program if a car cannot pass smog inspection. Where can I find out about this program?
- How do I locate a smog check station?
- What are Clean Air Vehicle Stickers and how do I apply for them?