What is DMV Now?
DMV Now is a freestanding self-service terminal that uses touchscreen technology to guide you through various DMV transactions.
What does it do?
DMV Now allows you to do the following without waiting in line:
- Complete your registration renewal
- File for planned nonoperation (PNO) status
- Pay a vehicle registration suspension reinstatement fee
- Submit an affidavit of non-use (ANU)
- Remove an ANU
- Submit proof of insurance when requested by the Vehicle Insurance Program
Multiple payment methods are accepted. A registration card and sticker, PNO acknowledgment, or receipt is printed at the terminal after the completion of your transaction.
What types of vehicles can DMV Now be used for?
• Coach and Park model trailers
• Commercial vehicles that do not pay Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) fees
DMV Now cannot do the following:
- Renew vehicle types not listed above
- Renew vessels, as they require issuance of a different sticker not available through DMV Now
- Accept proof of insurance for registration renewal
- Process a change of address
Where can I find one?
DMV Now is available inside select field office and retail locations during regular business hours.
What do I need?
Bring in your 8 ½" x 11" renewal notice DMV sends you each year. Please make sure there is a Renewal Identification Number (RIN) on the top left of the renewal notice. You may also bring your current registration card. For payment of a vehicle registration reinstatement fee and submission of insurance required by the Vehicle Insurance Program, you may also bring a letter received from the Vehicle Insurance Program with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the top middle.
How can I pay?
Cash, credit card, or debit card are all acceptable forms of payment.
How can I reach DMV Now Customer Care?
If you require assistance with a DMV Now self-service terminal or a DMV Now transaction, contact the Customer Care Center at 1-866-955-5258, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.