DMV Now Kiosks
What is DMV Now?
DMV Now is a freestanding kiosk that uses touchscreen technology to guide you through various DMV transactions.
What does it do?
DMV Now allows you to do the following without waiting in line:
- Complete your vehicle registration renewal
- File for planned nonoperation (PNO) status
- Pay a vehicle registration suspension reinstatement fee
- Submit an affidavit of non-use (ANU)
- Remove an ANU
- Submit proof of insurance when requested by the Vehicle Insurance Program
- Receive your driver record
- Receive your vehicle record
A registration card and sticker, PNO acknowledgment, printout or receipt is printed at the kiosk after the completion of your transaction.
What types of vehicles can DMV Now be used for?
- Coach and Park model trailers
- Commercial vehicles that do not pay Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) fees
DMV Now cannot do the following:
- Renew vehicle types not listed above
- Renew vessels, as they require issuance of a different sticker not available through DMV Now
- Accept proof of insurance for registration renewal
- Process a change of address
Where can I find one?
DMV Now Kiosks are available inside select field office and retail locations during regular business hours.
What do I need?
Vehicle Registration Renewal
To renew your vehicle registration, bring the 8 ½" x 11" vehicle registration renewal notice (it should have a Renewal Identification Number (RIN) on the top left). You may also bring your current registration card.
Vehicle Registration Reinstatement Fee/Submission of Insurance
To pay a vehicle registration reinstatement fee and submit proof of insurance required by the Vehicle Insurance Program, you may also bring a letter received from the Vehicle Insurance Program with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the top middle. You may also provide your vehicle’s license plate number and last 5 digits of the vehicle identification number. If submitting insurance, you will need your insurance card or policy.
To receive your driver record, you will need your driver license or identification card number, name, and address.
To receive your vehicle record, you will need your driver license or identification card number, name, address, and your vehicle’s license plate number and last 5 digits of the vehicle identification number.
How can I pay?
How can I reach DMV Now Customer Care?
If you require assistance with a DMV Now Kiosk or a DMV Now transaction, contact the Customer Care Center at 1-833-947-1670, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.