Vehicle Salesperson License
Field offices are temporarily closed to the public statewide. Appointments are not currently available. Please continue to check the DMV website for updates.
Before you begin, you must have your salesperson number, California driver license (DL) or identification card (ID) number and your full legal name as shown on your salesperson license.
Applying for a renewal or reinstatement only takes a few simple steps
- Enter your DL/ID number, salesperson number and full legal name as it appears on your salesperson license.
- Go through an interactive renewal application and update pertinent information.
- Submit your renewal fees by E-check. This will require your routing and account information as shown on your check.
At this time, DMV does not offer credit/debit card payment for salesperson renewal or reinstatement.
By selecting the “Start” button above, you will be directed to the Vehicle Salesperson License page. You will receive an email confirmation once you provide your information and will have access to the salesperson application.
To learn more about how your information is shared as well as the laws that protect the release of your information visit How Information is Protected or Disclosed.
If it has been determined that you are not eligible for online submission, use the links below to complete the applicable forms as instructed, print, sign and submit the completed forms in-person to a DMV office.
- OL 16S, Application for Salesperson License
- DMV 8016, Request for Live Scan Clearance (receipt) (More Information about Live Scan)
- OL 18 Application for a Duplicate or Corrected Vehicle Salesperson License
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please call the Department of Motor Vehicles, Occupational Licensing at (916) 229-3128.