Vehicle Registration Suspensions and Insurance Program
To use this online service, you should have received a letter from the DMV stating your vehicle registration will be suspended in the near future or has already been suspended. Click the Insurance Inquiry button below to begin. This will allow you to access the current status of your vehicle registration insurance and suspension, identify any outstanding requirements due, and provides a service option for submitting insurance information and/or payment, if required. For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
Before you begin, you must have:
- License Plate Number and the last five characters of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- The letter you received from DMV with a Personal Identification Number (PIN)
You may also need:
- Insurance documents - In order to submit insurance information through this online service, your insurance company must be participating in the voluntary online verification process.
By selecting the “Insurance Inquiry” button above, you will be directed to the DMV Insurance Inquiry page. After you enter your License Plate Number, Personal Identification Number, or the last 5 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number, you will have access to the Insurance Inquiry application. To learn more about how your information is shared as well as the laws that protect the release of your information visit How Your Information is Shared.
Personal Information Collected from Credit/Debit Card Transactions
The Department of Motor Vehicles uses a third-party vendor to process credit and debit card transactions. For more information, visit DMV’s How Your Information Is Shared page.
For eCheck payments
- For making eCheck payments, you will need to provide your first and last name, as well as your bank routing number and account number.
- You will need one of your checks (not a deposit slip) to obtain your bank routing number and account number.
- When entering your checking account number, do not include the check number.
- eCheck customers can only purchase one item, per online transaction.
- Business checks are not acceptable for eCheck payments.
ATM or Debit Card with a Visa or MasterCard logo from a participating network:
No additional fee is charged for using this online service.