Web Content Viewer (JSR 286)


Simple Refunds

This online service allows you to:

  • Request a refund of vehicle/vessel license fees charged for late payment and you know that payment was made on time.
  • Request a refund of vehicle/vessel license fees for a vehicle/vessel that left California before the registration expired and was registered in another state.
  • Request a refund of reissue fees because an action that required the fee has been dismissed and the dismissal has been reported to DMV by the court.
If you do not meet the above criteria, please print and mail the form Application for Refund (ADM 399) along with required documentation.


Select "Continue" below and complete the Applicant Information in boxes 1 through 11 and box 14. Once you have entered all the required information, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

By selecting the “Continue” button above, you will be directed to the On-Line Refund Program Application page. After you enter your information, your application will be processed in the order received. To learn more about how your information is shared as well as the laws that protect the release of your information visit How Your Information is Shared.

Additional Information

*You may receive correspondence from DMV if it is determined that supporting documentation is required (e.g. copy of canceled check).


Complementary Content