Contact: Office of Public Affairs
2415 First Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 657–6437 | email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 21, 2015
DMV Weekly AB 60 Implementation Statistics Update
SACRAMENTO — The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) today released preliminary statistics for implementation of Assembly Bill 60 (AB 60) for the second full week of implementation data.
The following statistics are from Saturday, January 10, 2015 to Friday, January 16, 2015:
- Approximate number of AB 60 driver licenses issued last week: 14,200
- Total issued since January 2, 2015: 25,300 NOTE: A license is not issued until the applicant proves identity and residency with qualifying documents or through secondary review, passes a written knowledge exam, and completes a behind-the-wheel drive exam.
- Approximate number of AB 60 applicants who visited a DMV office last week: 92,000
- Approximate number who visited an office since January 2, 2015: 205,000
- Approximate number of AB 60 driver license exams (written or behind-the-wheel) administered last week: 107,000
- Approximate number of exams (written or behind-the-wheel) administered since January 2, 2015: 217,000
The DMV will continue to release these implementation statistics on a weekly basis. Next month, DMV will also release additional summary statistics for the month of January.
The DMV has a helpful AB 60 information webpage, http://ab60.dmv.ca.gov, containing a complete list of acceptable documents that can be used to verify identity and residency, a copy of the driver handbook, sample knowledge tests, appointment information, and other relevant materials.
Never miss the latest news from the CA DMV. Sign up now for DMV News Alerts! It's an easy way to receive up-to-date information from the California Department of Motor Vehicles. This new tool also offers customization to obtain specific DMV related topics, such as AB 60, autonomous vehicles, and office openings and closures.
Click here to get started: https://www.emailalert.dmv.ca.gov/DMVEmail_Alert/