OL Information Services
Information on business licenses issued by the department is available from the following methods:
Occupational Licensing Information System
Available free of charge at: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/olinq2/welcome.do This system provides the business license status, ownership information, and history of disciplinary actions taken by the department.
Request for information not available from the Occupational Licensing Information System include multiple record request, copies of documents, or certification of a search result. Request must be submitted in writing by using the Request for Occupational Licensing Information, form OL 100, along with the appropriate fees. Before sending the requested information, the department will block out residential addresses, social security numbers, and home telephone numbers on all copies provided to the requester.
To Avoid Possible Delay In Receiving The Requested Record,
- The information provided on the form is clear, legible, and complete.
- You include your daytime telephone number where you can be reached should there be any questions.
- The Record Purpose and Reason(s) provided is clear, and includes enough detail and supporting information to justify the release of this record.
- You enclose a check or money order made payable to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for the total amount of fees due for the type of record(s) requested.
The listed fees are subject to change without notice and are non-refundable regardless of record availability. The service fee is based on the cost of searching department records and not whether a record is located.
Public and Confidential Records
Non-confidential information contained in Occupational Licensing records is open to the public for inspection. Confidential record information may only be disclosed to a court, law enforcement agency, government agency, or when authorized by a specific federal or state statute. The attached chart (PDF) summarizes the type of information available and how to request the information.
Public requests for confidential residence address information must include the purpose and reason for the record, and the regulation, rule of court, or federal/state statute, identified by code name and section which requires or permits its use.
If your request does not include authorization for the release of confidential residence information, a current record without the residence address will be released by the department.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please call the Department of Motor Vehicles, Occupational Licensing at (916) 229-3151.
Photocopy of licensee file $20
Print-out of licensee record $5
Certification Letter $5
Listings (on CD or electronic copy)
- New Auto-Commercial Dealers (cars/trucks)$90
- Used Auto-commercial Dealers$350
- New Motorcycle Dealers$39
- Used Motorcycle Dealers$39
- New Trailer Dealers$62
- Used Trailer Dealers$39
- New Snowmobile Dealers$39
- Used Snowmobile Dealers$39
- Wholesale Dealers$70
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) Dealers$39
- Auto-Commercial Transporters$39
- Trailer Transporters$39
- Auto-Commercial Manufacturers$39
- Trailer Manufacturers$39
Traffic Violator School$39
Employer Testing Program
Date in Business/Date Out of Business$39
If you would like to order a dealer list by county only, the fees are as follows:
- Los Angeles County$117
- Orange County$78
- San Diego County$78
- All other counties$39
Note: If you desire the information on magnetic tape, there is an additional charge of $25 above the fees listed above.
- OL Information
- Headquarters Operations
- Compliance Programs
- Field Inspector Offices by Location
- Information Services
Occupational Licenses & Programs
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Training
- Autonomous Vehicle Tester Program
- Autonomous Vehicle Deployment Permit – Coming Soon
- Driving School
- Employer Testing Program
- Ignition Interlock Device Program
- Mature Driver Program
- Registration Service
- Traffic Violator School
- Vehicle Verifier
- Vessel Agent
Quick Licensing Links