Vessel Agent Application Requirements
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or greater) to view some of the linked documents on this page. If you have problems with Acrobat Reader see the Adobe Troubleshooting page for possible solutions.
Vessel Agent License Form
An application for a vessel agent consists of:
- OL 54, Application for Appointment and Agreement as a Non-Public Undocumented Vessel Registration Agent
The following documents are also required as part of the application package:
- DMV 8016, request for Live Scan Clearance (receipt) (More information about Live Scan)
- If filing as a Corporation, Limited Liability Company or Limited Liability Partnership owned businesses only: A copy of Articles of Incorporation, Corporate Minutes or other document filed with the Secretary of State, which identifies the officers, share holders and managers.
To maintain approved status a Quarterly Physical Inventory Report, BOAT 124-1, due the 5th of January, April, July, and October must be on file with Occupational Licensing.
Vessel Agent Licensing Authority
California Vehicle Code. Sections9840. The California Vehicle Code is available for purchase from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
California Code of Regulations. Title 13, Division 1, Chapter 1. Article 3.2 Registration of Vehicles
Application Questions and Submission Information
Please refer to the Vessel Agent Handbook
- OL Information
- Headquarters Operations
- Compliance Programs
- Field Inspector Offices by Location
- Information Services
Occupational Licenses & Programs
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Training
- Autonomous Vehicle Tester Program
- Autonomous Vehicle Deployment Permit – Coming Soon
- Driving School
- Employer Testing Program
- Ignition Interlock Device Program
- Mature Driver Program
- Registration Service
- Traffic Violator School
- Vehicle Verifier
- Vessel Agent
Quick Licensing Links