Window Decals for Vehicles with Wheelchair Lifts
Window decals are currently available for vehicles that have a wheelchair lift or carrier obstructing the view of the rear license plate. The decal has a white background with black numbers and/or letters matching the vehicle license plate configuration. The decal is placed on the rear window of the vehicle.
To request a decal you must either:
- have a disabled person placard,
- transport person(s) with a disabled person placard,
- have a vehicle with disabled person license plates, or
- have a vehicle with disabled veteran license plates.
To apply for a decal:
- Your vehicle must have a wheelchair lift or carrier that obstructs the view of the rear license plate.
- You must complete a Statement of Facts (REG 256) stating:
- your request for the window decal,
- your placard number or disabled person/disabled veteran license plate number,
- the license plate number of the vehicle that will have the decal affixed to it,
- the vehicle identification number,
- year and make of the vehicle,
- mailing address, name, and signature.
- The decals are available at no cost.
Mail the REG 256 to:
Department of Motor Vehicles
Special Processing Unit
P.O. Box 932345 Mail Station D238
Sacramento, CA 94232-3450
Do not submit your application to a field office. The decal will be mailed to you within six to eight weeks.