Web Content Viewer


Vehicle Registration Renewal or File for Planned Non-Operation (PNO)

En español

*IMPORTANT: If you have recently submitted or intend to submit within the next 7-10 days an online change of address, we recommend that you mail in your renewal notice and change your address on the back of the form.

Before you begin, you must:

  • Have your license plate number and the last 5 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for a vehicle or the Hull Identification Number (HIN) for a vessel/boat.
  • Have your smog certification filed with DMV, if needed.
  • Have a renewal notice that shows your current address OR confirmed through the Change of Address system that your address has been updated.*

Personal Information Collected from Credit/Debit Card Transactions

The Department of Motor Vehicles uses a third-party vendor to process credit and debit card transactions. For more information, visit DMV’s How Information is Protected or Disclosed page.

For an e-check payment, only one item can be purchased at a time.

Additional Information

Complementary Content