These Fast Fact documents provide detailed information covering a variety of topics, including the California DMV, driver licenses and ID (DL/ID) cards, and vehicle registration (VR).
REAL ID Fast Facts
DMV Fast Facts
- FFDMV 1 Ordering and Reproducing DMV Forms
- FFDMV 4 Public Information Request – Obtaining Information from DMV Records
- FFDMV 5 Service Animals
- FFDMV 17 How Information is Protected or Disclosed
DL Fast Facts
- FFDL 3 Driver License Secondary Review Referral Process
- FFDL 5 Requirements for a California Driver License
- FFDL 6 Requirements for a California Identification Card
- FFDL 8 Social Security Number
- FFDL 8A Social Security Number Supplemental Requirements
- FFDL 10 Potentially Unsafe Driver
- FFDL 14 Vision Standards
- FFDL 15 Retention of Driver Record Information
- FFDL 16 Vehicle Collisions!
- FFDL 19 Provisional Licensing
- FFDL 22 Preparing for Your Driving Test
- FFDL 24 Identity Theft
- FFDL 25 Identity Fraud
- FFDL 26 Driver Safety Administrative Hearing Process
- FFDL 27 DMV’s Reexamination Process
- FFDL 28 Driver Distractions
- FFDL 29 Federal Hazardous Materials Requirements
- FFDL 31 Ignition Interlock Devices
- FFDL 32 Limited Term for Legal Presence
- FFDL 33 Selecting a Driving School for Driver Education and Driver Training (DE/DT)
- FFDL 35 Driving Under the Influence – Immediate Driver License Suspension: Drivers age 21 and Older
- FFDL 36 Driving Under the Influence -Immediate Driver License Suspension: Drivers Under Age 21
- FFDL 37 Sharing the Road
- FFDL 40 Diabetes and Driving
- FFDL 41 Helping Drivers Maintain Their Driving Independence
- FFDL 42 Firefighter Endorsement Training Requirements
- FFDL 43 Are You A Veteran?
- FFDL 45 Prescription Medications and Driving: What Are the Hazards?
Vehicle Registration Fast Facts
- FFVR 1 Reporting Vehicle Status (Registration Versus Non-Operation)
- FFVR 2 Partial Year Registration for Commercial Vehicles
- FFVR 4 Refund of Vehicle License Fee (VLF) on Total Loss Vehicles
- FFVR 7 Disabled Person Parking Placards and License Plates
- FFVR 7V Disabled Veterans License Plates
- FFVR 11 Special License Plate Fees
- FFVR 15 Refunds
- FFVR 16 Off-Highway Vehicle License Plates – Registration Requirements at a Glance
- FFVR 17 Lemon Law Buyback Vehicles
- FFVR 18 Financial Responsibility (Insurance) Requirements for Vehicle Registration
- FFVR 19 Special Equipment Registration
- FFVR 23 Specially Constructed (SPCNS) Vehicles
- FFVR 26 What You Need to Know When Buying a Vehicle – Important Facts to Help You When You Buy or Lease a New or Used Vehicle
- FFVR 27 Registering Commercial Vehicles and PTI Trailers
- FFVR 29 Buying a Vehicle From Out of State – Can You Register It In California?
- FFVR 33 Branded Titles – Look Before You Buy
- FFVR 34 Registration Related Fees
- FFVR 35 Car Buyer’s Bill of Rights
- FFVR 36 Vehicle Registration Permits
- FFVR 37 Neighborhood Electric Vehicle(NEV)/Low-Speed Vehicle (LSV) and Golf Cart Registration
- FFVR 37 Neighborhood Electric Vehicle(NEV)/Low-Speed Vehicle (LSV) and Golf Cart Registration (Spanish)
- FFVR 38 Business Partner Automation (BPA)
Commercial Vehicle Industry and Permit Fast Facts
DMV Investigation Division Fast Facts
Need something else?
Manuals and Handbooks
We put together these manuals and handbooks to help you learn the rules of the road and prepare for your knowledge tests.
Sample DL Knowledge Tests
These sample driver license knowledge tests will help you prepare for your knowledge test and understand the kinds of questions we’ll ask.
We have videos that cover a range of topics to help you apply for an instruction permit, prepare to take your knowledge and driving tests, and get your DL.