These Fast Fact documents provide detailed information covering a variety of topics, including the California DMV, driver’s licenses and ID (DL/ID) cards, and vehicle registration (VR).
REAL ID Fast Facts
DMV Fast Facts
- How Information is Protected or Disclosed
- Ordering and Reproducing DMV Forms
- Public Information Request – Obtaining Information from DMV Records
- Service Animals
DL Fast Facts
- Are You A Veteran?
- Diabetes and Driving
- DMV’s Reexamination Process
- Driver Distractions
- Driver License Secondary Review Referral Process
- Driver Safety Administrative Hearing Process
- Driving Under the Influence – Immediate Driver License Suspension: Drivers age 21 and Older
- Driving Under the Influence – Immediate Driver License Suspension: Drivers Under Age 21
- Federal Hazardous Materials Requirements
- Firefighter Endorsement Training Requirements
- Helping Drivers Maintain Their Driving Independence
- Identity Theft
- Identity Fraud
- Ignition Interlock Devices
- Limited Term for Legal Presence
- Potentially Unsafe Driver
- Preparing for Your Driving Test
- Prescription Medications and Driving: What Are the Hazards?
- Provisional Licensing
- Requirements for a California Driver License
- Requirements for a California Identification Card
- Retention of Driver Record Information
- Selecting a Driving School for Driver Education and Driver Training (DE/DT)
- Sharing the Road
- Social Security Number
- Social Security Number Supplemental Requirements
- Vehicle Collisions!
- Vision Standards
Vehicle Registration Fast Facts
- Branded Titles – Look Before You Buy
- Business Partner Automation (BPA)
- Buying a Vehicle From Out of State – Can You Register It In California?
- Car Buyer’s Bill of Rights
- Disabled Person Parking Placards and License Plates
- Disabled Veterans License Plates
- Financial Responsibility (Insurance) Requirements for Vehicle Registration
- Lemon Law Buyback Vehicles
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle(NEV)/Low-Speed Vehicle (LSV) and Golf Cart Registration
- Off-Highway Vehicle License Plates – Registration Requirements at a Glance
- Partial Year Registration for Commercial Vehicles
- Refund of Vehicle License Fee (VLF) on Total Loss Vehicles
- Registering Commercial Vehicles and PTI Trailers
- Registration Related Fees
- Reporting Vehicle Status (Registration Versus Non-Operation)
- Special Equipment Registration
- Special License Plate Fees
- Specially Constructed (SPCNS) Vehicles
- Vehicle Registration Permits
- What You Need to Know When Buying a Vehicle – Important Facts to Help You When You Buy or Lease a New or Used Vehicle
Commercial Vehicle Industry and Permit Fast Facts
DMV Investigation Division Fast Facts
Need something else?
Manuals and Handbooks
We put together these manuals and handbooks to help you learn the rules of the road and prepare for your knowledge tests.
Sample DL Knowledge Tests
These sample driver’s license knowledge tests will help you prepare for your knowledge test and understand the kinds of questions we’ll ask.
We have videos that cover a range of topics to help you apply for an instruction permit, prepare to take your knowledge and driving tests, and get your DL.