The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and the California Department of Technology (CDT) are looking for innovative organizations to partner with, in an effort to advance and transform how the DMV conducts business in a rapidly evolving environment.
The areas of opportunity include:
- Check-in optimization for “Store Front”
- Workforce scheduling optimization during furloughs and COVID-19 uncertainties
- Creating effective integration strategy for sharing driver information across multiple states (Focus areas: resident privacy, and large dataset matching)
- Managing and Optimizing Call Center workloads
- Yield management of our drive test appointments
Thank you for a great Vendor Day
Thank you for joining DMV and CDT leadership for the Vendor Day on September 9, 2020. The overwhelming response to our call to participate was much appreciated. The presentation used during the session is available at DMV Vendor Day. The session recording is available at DMV Vendor Day Recording (password: RmkcpeR8).
Regarding the problem statement, “Creating effective integration strategy for sharing driver information across multiple states (Focus areas: resident privacy, and large dataset matching)”, additional information on the State-to-State system is available at https://www.aamva.org/State-to-State/. Some sections on this link are for members only, particularly for detail documentation. Detailed documentation may be requested from Venora Burgess firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Pitch Day
We will be inviting select companies (see below on how to apply) to present their innovative solutions, on how to best address one or more of these challenges, to a team of State and industry leaders. Pitch Day is not open to the public. The “pitch date” has not been set but is tentatively planned for mid-October 2020.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application to be screened for an opportunity to present at Pitch Day, by September 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. PST.
The application has two sections and typically takes 1-3 hours to complete:
- Describe your innovative solution
- Organization background and qualifications
The application can be saved and returned to at a later time (click the “Finish this later” link in the header). Applications can be edited until the deadline on September 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. PST. No changes will be accepted after the deadline.
What happens after I submit an application?
- Applications will be screened for relevance, viability, execution and track record in early October 2020
- Applicants with the best alignment with DMV’s challenges will be invited to present on the Pitch Day in mid-October 2020