Status Report on DMV Offices Affected by Southern California Fires
California Department of Motor Vehicles
Media Relations Office
2415 First Avenue, MS F-122, Sacramento, CA 95818
Contact: DMV Media Relations
October 27, 2007 - 4:19 p.m.
Sacramento –The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will re-open all offices in San Diego and San Bernardino counties at 8 a.m. Monday, October 29 after closing them because of the devastating impact of the Southern California wildfires
Offices re-opening in San Diego County:
- El Cajon Field Office, 1450 Graves Avenue, El Cajon
- Escondido Field Office, 725 North Escondido Blvd., Escondido
- Oceanside Field Office, 4005 Plaza Drive, Oceanside
- Poway Field Office, 13461 Community Road, Poway
- San Diego/Clairemont, 4375 Derrick Drive, San Diego
- San Diego/Normal, 3960 Normal Street, San Diego
- San Ysidro, 6111 Business Center Court, San Ysidro
- Chula Vista Field Office, 30 N. Glover Avenue, Chula Vista
Offices re-opening in San Bernardino County
- Redlands Field Office, 1659 W Lugonia Ave, Redlands
- Fontana Field Office, 16499 Merill Avenue, Fontana
For updates on the status of all offices, customers can log onto www.dmv.ca.gov, or call 800.777.0133.
Don’t Stand In Line, Go Online! Doing business with the DMV has never been easier. The DMV offers an array of services to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through its Web site (www.dmv.ca.gov), including online appointments for written and drive tests; vehicle registration and driver license renewals, selection of personalized license plates, changes of address and payment of fees via secure debit transactions.
DMV is a department under the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency, which is under the direction of Secretary Dale E. Bonner. The DMV licenses drivers; maintains driving records; registers and tracks official ownership of vehicles and vessels; investigates auto and identity-related fraud; and licenses car dealers, driving schools, and traffic violator schools.
DMV MEDIA RELATIONS:
For Media Inquiries Only
PHONE (916) 657-6437
FAX (916) 657-8282