V C Section 1803 Report of Court Action Abstract of Conviction
Report of Court Action: Abstract of Conviction
1803. (a) (1) The clerk of a court in which a person was convicted of a violation of this code, was convicted of a violation of subdivision (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), or (f) of Section 655 of the Harbors and Navigation Code pertaining to a mechanically propelled vessel but not to manipulating any water skis, an aquaplane, or similar device, was convicted of a violation of Section 655.2, 655.6, 658, or 658.5 of the Harbors and Navigation Code, a violation of subdivision (a) of Section 192.5 of the Penal Code, or a violation of subdivision (b) of Section 5387 of the Public Utilities Code, was convicted of an offense involving use or possession of controlled substances under Division 10 (commencing with Section 11000) of the Health and Safety Code, was convicted of a felony offense when a commercial motor vehicle, as defined in subdivision (b) of Section 15210, was involved in or incidental to the commission of the offense, or was convicted of a violation of any other statute relating to the safe operation of vehicles, shall prepare within five days after conviction and immediately forward to the department at its office at Sacramento an abstract of the record of the court covering the case in which the person was so convicted. If sentencing is not pronounced in conjunction with the conviction, the abstract shall be forwarded to the department within five days after sentencing and the abstract shall be certified by the person so required to prepare it to be true and correct.
(2) For the purposes of this section, a forfeiture of bail shall be equivalent to a conviction.
(b) The following violations are not required to be reported under subdivision (a):
(1) Division 3.5 (commencing with Section 9840).
(2) Section 21113, with respect to parking violations.
(3) Chapter 9 (commencing with Section 22500) of Division 11, except Section 22526.
(4) Division 12 (commencing with Section 24000), except Sections 24002, 24004, 24250, 24409, 24604, 24800, 25103, 26707, 27151, 27315, 27360, 27800, and 27801 and Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 26301).
(5) Division 15 (commencing with Section 35000), except Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 35550).
(6) Violations for which a person was cited as a pedestrian or while operating a bicycle or a motorized scooter.
(7) Division 16.5 (commencing with Section 38000), except Sections 38301, 38301.3, 38301.5, 38304.1, and 38504.1.
(8) Subdivision (b) of Section 23221, subdivision (b) of Section 23223, subdivision (b) of Section 23225, and subdivision (b) of Section 23226.
(c) If the court impounds a license or orders a person to limit his or her driving pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 40508, the court shall notify the department concerning the impoundment or limitation on an abstract prepared pursuant to subdivision (a) of this section or on a separate abstract, that shall be prepared within five days after the impoundment or limitation was ordered and immediately forwarded to the department at its office in Sacramento.
(d) If the court determines that a prior judgment of conviction of a violation of Section 23152 or 23153 is valid or is invalid on constitutional grounds pursuant to Section 41403, the clerk of the court in which the determination is made shall prepare an abstract of that determination and forward it to the department in the same manner as an abstract of record pursuant to subdivision (a).
(e) Within five days of an order terminating or revoking probation under Section 23602, the clerk of the court in which the order terminating or revoking probation was entered shall prepare and immediately forward to the department at its office in Sacramento an abstract of the record of the court order terminating or revoking probation and any other order of the court to the department required by law.