V C Section 1807.5 Release of Conviction Information
Release of Conviction Information
1807.5. (a) Notwithstanding Section 1808, any record of the department of a conviction of Section 23103 as specified in Section 23103.5, or of a conviction of Section 23152 or 23153 which occurred before January 1, 1987, is not a public record on and after a date which is five years after the date of conviction of that offense, and the department shall, thereafter, make any information relating to that conviction available only to persons authorized by law to receive the information.
(b) For the purposes of this section, "persons authorized by law to receive the information" means any of the following:
(1) The courts of the state.
(2) Peace officers, as defined in Section 830.1 of the Penal Code; subdivision (a) of Section 830.2 of the Penal Code; subdivisions (a), (b), and (j) of Section 830.3 of the Penal Code; and subdivisions (a), (b), and (c) of Section 830.5 of the Penal Code.
(3) The Attorney General.
(4) District attorneys of any county within the state.
(5) Prosecuting city attorneys of any city within the state.
(6) Probation officers of any city or county of the state.
(7) Parole officers of any city or county of the state.