V C Section 3078 Consumer Complaints Referral to Department of Consumer Affairs

Consumer Complaints: Referral to Department of Consumer Affairs

3078.  (a) If the board receives a complaint from a member of the public seeking a refund involving the sale or lease of, or a replacement of, a recreational vehicle, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 18010 of the Health and Safety Code, from a motor vehicle dealership, as defined in paragraph (1) of subdivision (e) of Section 3072, the board shall recommend that the complainant consult with the Department of Consumer Affairs..

(b) Nothing in this chapter affects a person's rights regarding a transaction involving a recreational vehicle as defined in subdivision (a), to maintain an action under any other statute, including, but not limited to, applicable provisions of Title 1.7 (commencing with Section 1790) of Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code.

Added Sec. 11, Ch. 703, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.