V C Section 5070 Breast Cancer Treatment License Plates
Breast Cancer Treatment License Plates
Added Sec. 1, Ch. 651, Stats. 2000. Effective January 1, 2001.
Repealed Sec. 21, Ch. 594, Stats. 2003. Effective January 1, 2004.
The repealed section read as follows: "(a) The department shall design and make available for issuance pursuant to this Article special breast cancer treatment license plates as described in this section. The special breast cancer treatment license plate shall bear a graphic design depicting the same logo as the United States postal stamp with the words "Fund the Fight. Find a Cure" over the sketch of a woman and the breast cancer awareness pink ribbon symbol. Any person described in Section 5101 may, upon payment of the additional fees set forth in subdivision (b), apply for and be issued a set of special breast cancer treatment license plates. Notwithstanding subdivision (a) of Section 5060, the special breast cancer treatment license plates may be issued as breast cancer license plates, as defined in Section 5103.
(b) In addition to the regular fees for an original registration, renewal of registration, transfer, or substitution of the license plates, the following additional fees shall be paid for the issuance, renewal, retention, transfer, or replacement of the special interest license plates authorized pursuant to this section:
(1) For the original issuance of the plates, fifty dollars ($50).
(2) For a renewal of registration of the plates, or the retention of the plates if renewal is not required, forty dollars ($40).
(3) For transfer of the plates to another vehicle, fifteen dollars ($15).
(4) For each substitute replacement plate, thirty-five dollars ($35).
(5) In addition, for the issuance of an environmental license plate, as defined in Section 5103, the additional fees prescribed in Sections 5106 and 5108, which shall be deposited in the Environmental License Plate Fund.
(c) Except as provided in paragraph (5) of subdivision (b), all fees collected under this section shall, after deduction of the department's costs in administering this section, be deposited in the Breast Cancer Treatment Account, which is hereby created in the Breast Cancer Fund, as that fund is established in Section 30461.6 of the Revenue and Taxation Code. The funds in the account shall be used by the State Department of Health Services, upon appropriation by the Legislature, to award grants to fund breast cancer treatment for uninsured or underinsured persons who are at, or below, the 200-percent federal poverty level, as that level is determined by the United States Department of Health and Human Services."