V C Section 6052 Transfer of Vehicle Not Registered

Transfer of Vehicle Not Registered

6052.  When application is made for transfer of the ownership of a vehicle for which a certificate of ownership has been issued without registration, upon payment of registration, transfer, and other fees required by law, the department shall issue the usual certificate of ownership and registration card unless the vehicle is not to be operated on the highways and the new owner submits an affidavit satisfactory to the department as to those facts required by subdivision (b) of Section 4452, in which case the new certificate of title and facsimile thereof may be issued as provided for in that section.