V C Section 11104.3 Requirements for All Terrain Vehicle Safety Instructors
Requirements for All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Instructors
11104.3. (a) An all-terrain vehicle safety instructor shall:
(1) Be a person who has not been convicted of a crime involving an act of dishonesty, fraud, or deceit with the intent to benefit himself or herself or another substantially, or to injure another substantially; or has not committed any act which, if done as an all-terrain vehicle safety instructor, would be grounds for the suspension or revocation of the all-terrain vehicle safety instructor's license. A conviction after a plea of nolo contendere shall be deemed to be a conviction within the meaning of this section.
(2) Have a high school education or its equivalent and have satisfactorily completed a course of instruction training in all-terrain vehicle safety as approved by the Off-Highway Vehicle Safety Education Committee.
(3) Within three attempts, pass the examination that the department requires on off-highway vehicle laws, safe driving practices, operation of all-terrain vehicles, and teaching methods and techniques.
(4) Be physically able to safely operate a motor vehicle and to train others in the operation of all-terrain vehicles.
(5) Hold a valid driver's license issued by this state or any contiguous state.
(6) Not be on probation to the department as a negligent operator or the equivalent of that in the state that issued the driver's license.
(7) Have a driver record which does not have an outstanding notice for violating a written promise to appear in court or for willfully failing to pay a lawfully imposed fine, as provided in Section 40509 or 40509.5 or as provided in equivalent statutes in the state that issued the driver's license.
(8) Be 18 years of age or older.
(9) Be sponsored by an all-terrain vehicle safety training organization.
(b) The qualifying requirements in this section shall be met within one year from the date of application for a license, or a new application, examination, and a fee shall be required.