V C Section 11108 Records of Licensee
Records of Licensee
11108. (a) Every person licensed under this chapter shall keep a record showing all of the following:
(1) The name and address and license number of the school.
(2) The name and address of each person given instruction.
(3) Excepting all-terrain vehicle safety training organizations, the instruction permit number or driver's license number of every person given instruction in the driving of a motor vehicle.
(4) Excepting all-terrain vehicle safety training organizations, the date any instruction permit was issued.
(5) The name and instructor's license number of each instructor.
(6) The particular type of instruction given and the date of the instruction.
(7) The amount of time devoted to each type of instruction.
(8) The total number of hours of instruction.
(9) The total cost to the student of the instruction.
(b) The records shall be retained for at least three years and shall be open to the inspection of the department at all reasonable times, but shall be only for the confidential use of the department.
(c) Whenever the licensee suspends or terminates the licensed activity, the licensee shall surrender the records to the department for examination not later than the end of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after the date of suspension or termination. The department may duplicate or make a record of any information contained in the licensee's records. All of the licensee's records shall be returned to the licensee not later than 30 days after the date of surrender.
(d) Every all-terrain vehicle safety training organization shall maintain records for all-terrain vehicle safety instructors who are authorized to offer that organization's courses of instruction.
(e) Each all-terrain vehicle safety instructor shall report the information required under this section to the all-terrain vehicle safety training organization no later than the 15th day of the month following the date instruction was provided. Instructors shall notify the organization, which shall, in turn, notify the department at least 30 days in advance of providing a course of instruction, of the time, date, location, and type of instruction to be given.
(f) This section shall become operative on July 1, 1988.