V C Section 11202.5 Requirements for Traffic Violator School Operators
Requirements for Traffic Violator School Operators
11202.5. (a) The department shall license traffic violator school operators. A person shall not act as a traffic violator school operator without a currently valid license issued by the department, unless the person is an owner/operator and is so designated on the owner's license. Every person, in order to qualify as a traffic violator school operator, shall meet all of the following criteria in order to be issued a traffic violator school operator's license:
(1) Have not committed any act which, if the applicant were licensed as a traffic violator school operator, would be grounds for suspension or revocation of the license.
(2) Within three attempts, pass an examination that the department requires on traffic laws, safe driving practices, operation of motor vehicles, teaching methods and techniques, traffic violator school statutes and regulations, and office procedures and recordkeeping.
(3) Be 21 years of age or older.
(4) Have successfully completed an educational program of not less than four hours. The program shall include, but is not limited to, operator responsibilities, current laws, and the regulations in Article 4 of Title 13 of the California Code of Regulations. The instruction may be provided by generally accredited educational institutions, private vocational schools, and education programs and seminars offered by professional societies, organizations, trade associations, and other educational and technical programs that meet the requirements of this section.
(5) Provide a certification from the owner that the applicant has the knowledge necessary to perform the duties of the operator.
(b) All the qualifying requirements specified in this section shall be met within one year from the date of application for the license or the application shall lapse. However, the applicant may thereafter submit a new application upon payment of the required fee.