V C Section 11212 Records of Licensees
Records of Licensees
11212. (a) Every owner licensed under this chapter shall keep a record at the traffic violator school's primary business location showing all of the following for each student:
(1) The name and address and license number of the traffic violator school providing instruction.
(2) The name and address of each person given instruction.
(3) The instruction permit number or driver's license number of every person given instruction.
(4) The name and number of the license issued pursuant to Section 11207 of the traffic violator school instructor.
(5) The particular type of instruction given and the date or dates of the instruction.
(6) A statement as to whether the approved lesson plan was followed.
(7) The total number of hours of instruction.
(8) The total cost to the student of the instruction, which shall not exceed the amount of the fee represented or advertised by the traffic violator school at the time of the student's enrollment.
(9) The court docket number under which the student was referred to a traffic violator school.
(10) The number of the completion certificate issued to the student pursuant to subdivision (e) of Section 11208 and, if different, the number of any copy thereof issued to the student.
(b) The records shall be retained for a minimum of three years and shall be open to the inspection during business hours and at all other reasonable times by the department, the court, a private entity providing monitoring pursuant to Section 11222, the Legislative Analyst, and the State Auditor or authorized employees thereof, but shall be only for confidential use.
(c) Whenever a licensee suspends or terminates the licensed activity, the licensee shall surrender the records specified in subdivision (a) to the department for examination not later than the end of the third day, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays, after the date of suspension or termination. The department may duplicate or make a record of any information contained therein. All these records shall be returned to the licensee not later than 30 days after the date of surrender.
(d) The address of any person kept pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) shall only be used by the school for school administrative purposes.