V C Section 11509 Suspension or Revocation of License
Suspension or Revocation of License
11509. (a) The department, after notice and hearing, may suspend or revoke the license issued to an automobile dismantler upon the determination that the person to whom the license was issued is not lawfully entitled thereto or has done any of the following:
(1) Made or knowingly or negligently permitted any illegal use of the special plates issued to him or her.
(2) Used a false or fictitious name or knowingly made any false statement or concealed any material fact in any application or other document filed with the department.
(3) Failed to provide and maintain a clear physical division between the type of business licensed pursuant to this chapter and any other type of business conducted at the established place of business.
(4) Violated any provision of Division 3 (commencing with Section 4000) or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(5) Violated any provision of Division 4 (commencing with Section 10500) or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(6) Violated any provision of this chapter, except Section 11520, or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(7) Knowingly, repeatedly, or flagrantly violated Section 11520.
(8) Violated any provision of Part 5 (commencing with Section 10701) of Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(9) Purchased, concealed, possessed, or otherwise acquired or disposed of a vehicle, or a part thereof, knowing it to be stolen.
(10) Failed to meet and maintain the requirements for issuance of an automobile dismantler's license as provided in this code.
(11) Failed to pay, within 30 days after written demand from the department, any fees or penalties due on vehicles acquired for dismantling which are not the subject of dispute. If the dismantler disputes the validity of the fees or penalties, the 30-day period shall not commence until the department, after review, has determined the fee or penalty to be due.
(12) Submitted a check, draft, or money order to the department for any obligation or fees due the state and it is thereafter dishonored or refused payment upon presentation.
(13) Failed to meet the terms and conditions of a previous agreement entered into pursuant to Section 11509.1.
(b) Any of the causes specified in this chapter as a cause for refusal to issue a license to an automobile dismantler applicant is cause, after notice and hearing, to suspend or revoke a license and special plates issued to an automobile dismantler.
(c) Except as provided in Section 11509.1, every hearing provided for in this chapter shall be held pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 11500) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.