V C Section 11617 Automatic Cancellation of License
Automatic Cancellation of License
11617. (a) The license provided for in this chapter shall be automatically canceled upon the happening of any of the following:
(1) The abandonment of the principal place of business of the lessor-retailer or the change thereof without notice to the department as provided in Section 11610.
(2) The failure of the licensee to maintain an adequate bond or to procure and file another bond as required by Section 11612 prior to the effective date of the termination by the surety of any existing bond.
(3) The voluntary or involuntary surrender for any cause by the licensee of the license, except that a surrender of the license, or cessation of business by the licensee, or the suspension or revocation of the corporate status of the licensee does not preclude the filing of an accusation for revocation or suspension of the surrendered license as provided in Section 11613, and does not affect the department's decision to suspend or revoke the license. The department's determination to suspend or revoke the license may be considered in issuing or refusing to issue any subsequent license authorized by this division to that licensee, or any business representative of that licensee.
(4) Notification to the department that the person designated as licensee has changed.
(5) The suspension or cancellation of the corporate status of the licensee.
(6) The suspension or revocation of the seller's permit of the licensee by the State Board of Equalization.
(b) The branch office location license provided for in this chapter shall be automatically canceled upon the abandonment of the branch office location of the lessor-retailer or the change of that branch office without notice to the department as provided in Section 11610.