V C Section 11705 Suspension or Revocation
Suspension or Revocation
11705. (a) The department, after notice and hearing, may suspend or revoke the license issued to a dealer, transporter, manufacturer, manufacturer branch, remanufacturer, remanufacturer branch, distributor, or distributor branch upon determining that the person to whom the license was issued is not lawfully entitled thereto, or has done any of the following:
(1) Filed an application for the license using a false or fictitious name not registered with the proper authorities, or knowingly made a false statement or knowingly concealed any material fact, in the application for the license.
(2) Made, or knowingly or negligently permitted, an illegal use of the special plates issued to the licensee.
(3) Used a false or fictitious name, knowingly made a false statement, or knowingly concealed a material fact, in an application for the registration of a vehicle, or otherwise committed a fraud in the application.
(4) Failed to deliver to a transferee lawfully entitled thereto a properly endorsed certificate of ownership.
(5) Knowingly purchased, sold, or otherwise acquired or disposed of a stolen motor vehicle.
(6) Failed to provide and maintain a clear physical division between the type of business licensed pursuant to this chapter and any other type of business conducted at the established place of business.
(7) Willfully violated Section 3064 or 3065 or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(8) Violated any provision of Division 3 (commencing with Section 4000) or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto, or subdivision (a) of Section 38200.
(9) Violated any provision of Division 4 (commencing with Section 10500) or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(10) Violated any provision of Article 1 (commencing with Section 11700) of Chapter 4 of Division 5 or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(11) Violated any provision of Part 5 (commencing with Section 10701) of Division 2 of the Revenue and Taxation Code or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(12) Violated any provision of Chapter 2b (commencing with Section 2981) of Title 14 of Par 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto.
(13) Submitted a check, draft, or money order to the department for any obligation or fee due the state which was dishonored or refused payment upon presentation.
(14) Has caused any person to suffer any loss or damage by reason of any fraud or deceit practiced on that person or fraudulent representations made to that person in the course of the licensed activity.
For purposes of this paragraph, "fraud" includes any act or omission which is included within the definition of either "actual fraud" or "constructive fraud" as defined in Sections 1572 and 1573 of the Civil Code, and "deceit" has the same meaning as defined in Section 1710 of the Civil Code. In addition, "fraud" and "deceit" include, but are not limited to, a misrepresentation in any manner, whether intentionally false or due to gross negligence, of a material fact; a promise or representation not made honestly and in good faith; an intentional failure to disclose a material fact; and any act within Section 484 of the Penal Code.
For purposes of this paragraph, "person" also includes a governmental entity.
(15) Failed to meet the terms and conditions of an agreement entered into pursuant to Section 11707.
(16) Violated Section 43151, 43152, or 43153 of, or subdivision (b) of Section 44072.10 of, the Health and Safety Code.
(17) Failed to repay a claim paid by the Consumer Motor Vehicle Recovery Corporation as provided in subdivision (i) of Section 11703.
(b) Any of the causes specified in this chapter as a cause for refusal to issue a license to a transporter, manufacturer, manufacturer branch, remanufacturer, remanufacturer branch, distributor, distributor branch, or dealer applicant is cause to suspend or revoke a license issued to a transporter, manufacturer, manufacturer branch, remanufacturer, remanufacturer branch, distributor, distributor branch, or dealer.
(c) Except as provided in Section 11707, every hearing provided for in this section shall be conducted pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 11500) of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code.