V C Section 11950 Notice of Reasonable Market Value
Notice of Reasonable Market Value
11950. (a) A buy–here–pay–here dealer shall affix a label on any used vehicle being offered for retail sale that states the reasonable market value of that vehicle. The label shall meet all of the following conditions:
(1) Be in writing.
(2) Be printed with a heading that reads "REASONABLE MARKET VALUE OF THIS VEHICLE" in at least 16–point bold type and text in at least 12–point type.
(3) Be located adjacent to the window sticker identifying the equipment provided with the vehicle or, if none, it shall be located prominently and conspicuously on the vehicle so that it is readily readable.
(4) Contain the information used to determine the reasonable market value of the vehicle, including, but not limited to, the use of a nationally recognized pricing guide for used vehicles.
(5) Contain the date the reasonable market value was determined.
(6) Indicate that the reasonable market value is being provided only for comparison shopping and is not the retail sale price or the advertised price of the vehicle.
(b) A buy–here–pay–here dealer shall provide to a prospective buyer of the used vehicle a copy of any information obtained from a nationally recognized pricing guide that the buy–here–pay–here dealer used to determine the reasonable market value of the vehicle.
(c) As used in this section:
(1) "Reasonable market value" means the average retail value of a used vehicle based on the condition, mileage, year, make, and model of the vehicle, as determined within the last 60 days by a nationally recognized pricing guide that provides used vehicle retail values or pricing reports to vehicle dealers or the public.
(2) "Nationally recognized pricing guide" includes, but is not limited to, the Kelley Blue Book (KBB), Edmunds, the Black Book, or the National Automobile Dealers’ Association (NADA) Guide.