V C Section 12814.7 Provisional License for Minors California National Guard
Provisional License for Minors: California National Guard
12814.7. (a) Notwithstanding the provisional licensing requirements of subdivisions (a) to (e), inclusive, of Section 12814.6, the department shall issue to a person who is at least 16 years of age, but under 18 years of age, a restricted class C driver's license valid for the operation of United States Army and California National Guard vehicles during the course and scope of their duties with the California National Guard if the following conditions are met:
(1) Upon application, the person provides the department with the executed enlistment contract for the applicant.
(2) The person qualifies for and is issued an instruction permit pursuant to Section 12509.
(3) Prior to the issuance of the class C license, the applicant provides proof satisfactory to the department of successful completion of a driver education and training course administered by the California National Guard.
(b) A driver's license issued pursuant to this section shall be subject to both of the following:
(1) Subdivisions (f) to (k), inclusive, of Section 12814.6.
(2) Pull-notice and periodic reports issued pursuant to Section 1808.1.
(c) The licensee shall comply with all other licensing requirements of this code, including, but not limited to, the requirements of Section 12804.9.