V C Section 16005 Use of Reports
Use of Reports
16005. (a) All reports and supplemental reports required by this chapter including insurance information forms shall be without prejudice to the individual so reporting and shall be for the confidential use of the department and any other state department requiring such information, except that the department shall upon request disclose from the reports:
(1) The names and addresses of persons involved in the accident.
(2) The registration numbers and descriptions of vehicles involved in the accident.
(3) The date, time, and location of the accident.
(4) Any suspension action taken by the department.
(5) The names and addresses of insurance carriers.
(b) The information specified in subdivision (a) may be given to any person having a proper interest therein, including:
(1) The driver or drivers involved, or the employer, parent, or legal guardian thereof.
(2) The authorized representative of any person involved in the accident.
(3) Any person injured in the accident.
(4) The owners of vehicles or property damaged in the accident.
(5) Any law enforcement agency.
(6) Any court of competent jurisdiction.