V C Section 22851.10 Disposal of Vehicle to Dismantler or Scrap Iron Processor
Disposal of Vehicle to Dismantler or Scrap Iron Processor
22851.10. (a) A vehicle determined to have a value not exceeding five hundred dollars ($500) pursuant to Section 22670 that was stored pursuant to this chapter, and that remains unclaimed, or for which reasonable towing and storage charges remain unpaid, shall be disposed of only to a licensed dismantler or scrap iron processor not earlier than 15 days after the date the Notice of Intent to Dispose of a Vehicle Valued at $500 or Less form required pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 22851.8 was mailed, unless a Declaration of Opposition form has been signed and returned to the lienholder.
(b) If the vehicle has been disposed of to a licensed dismantler or scrap iron processor, the lienholder shall forward the following forms and information to the licensed dismantler or scrap iron processor within five days:
(1) A statement, signed under penalty of perjury, that a properly executed Declaration of Opposition form was not received.
(2) A copy of the notice sent to all interested parties.
(3) A certification from the public agency that made the determination of value pursuant to Section 22670.
(4) The proof of service pursuant to subdivision (e) of Section 22851.8 or a copy of the court judgment, if any in favor of the lienholder entered pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 22851.8.
(5) The name, address, and telephone number of the licensed dismantler or scrap iron processor who received the vehicle.
(6) The amount the lienholder received for the vehicle.
(c) A vehicle disposed of pursuant to this section shall not be reconstructed or made operable, unless it is a vehicle that qualifies for either horseless carriage license plates or historical vehicle license plates, pursuant to Section 5004, in which case the vehicle may be reconstructed or made operable.