V C Section 34621 Motor Carrier Permit Application
Motor Carrier Permit Application
34621. (a) The fee required by Section 7232 of the Revenue and Taxation Code shall be paid to the department upon initial application for a motor carrier permit and for annual renewal.
(b) An application for an original or a renewal motor carrier permit shall contain all of the following information:
(1) The full name of the motor carrier; any fictitious name under which it is doing business; address, both physical and mailing; and business telephone number.
(2) Status as individual, partnership, owner-operator, or corporation, and officers of corporation and all partners.
(3) Name, address, and driver’s license number of owner-operator.
(4) California carrier number, number of commercial motor vehicles in fleet, interstate or intrastate operations, State Board of Equalization, federal Department of Transportation or the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration number, as applicable.
(5) Transporter or not a transporter of hazardous materials or petroleum.
(6) Evidence of financial responsibility.
(7) Evidence of workman’s compensation coverage, if applicable.
(8) Carrier certification of enrollment in the biennial inspection of terminals (BIT) program under subdivisions (e) and (h) of Section 34501.12, unless otherwise exempted.
(9) Carrier certification of enrollment in a controlled substance and alcohol use and testing (CSAT) program required under Section 34520, unless otherwise exempted.
(10) Any other information necessary to enable the department to determine whether the applicant is entitled to a permit.