V C Section 36509 Warning Lights or Flags
Warning Lights or Flags
36509. (a) An implement of husbandry, a farm vehicle, or any vehicle escorting or towing an implement of husbandry or farm vehicle, may display flashing amber warning lamps or flashing amber turn signals:
(1) When the vehicle is required to display a "slow moving vehicle" emblem as defined in Section 24615.
(2) When the width, length, height, or speed of the vehicle may cause a hazard to other traffic on the highway.
(b) An implement of husbandry, a farm vehicle, or any vehicle towing an implement of husbandry or farm vehicle, when the load upon the vehicle exceeds 120 inches in width, shall display either:
(1) Flashing amber warning lamps.
(2) Flashing amber turn signals.
(3) During daylight hours, red flags, each of which shall be not less than 16 inches square, mounted at the left and right outer extremities of the vehicle or load whichever has the greater horizontal dimension.