V C Section 38012 Definitions
38012. (a) As used in this division, "off–highway motor vehicle subject to identification" means a motor vehicle subject to subdivision (a) of Section 38010.
(b) As used in this division, "off–highway motor vehicle" includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) A motorcycle or motor–driven cycle, except for any motorcycle that is eligible for a special transportation identification device issued pursuant to Section 38088.
(2) A snowmobile or other vehicle designed to travel over snow or ice, as defined in Section 557.
(3) A motor vehicle commonly referred to as a sand buggy, dune buggy, or all–terrain vehicle.
(4) A motor vehicle commonly referred to as a jeep.
(5) A recreational off–highway vehicle as defined in Section 500.