V C Section 38026.5 Operation on Designated Highways
Operation on Designated Highways
38026.5. (a) In accordance with subdivision (c) of Section 4000, a motor vehicle issued a plate or device pursuant to Section 38160 may be operated or driven on a local highway, or a portion of the local highway, that is designated pursuant to Section 38026 or 38026.1 if the operation is in conformance with this code and the vehicle complies with off-highway vehicle equipment requirements specified in this division.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), it is unlawful for a person using an off-highway vehicle on a combined-use highway to do any of the following:
(1) Operate an off-highway motor vehicle on the highway during the hours of darkness.
(2) Operate a vehicle on the highway that does not have an operational stoplight.
(3) Operate a vehicle on the highway that does not have rubber tires.
(4) Operate a vehicle without a valid driver's license of the appropriate class for the vehicle operation in possession.
(5) Operate a vehicle on the highway without complying with 5 Article 2 (commencing with Section 16020) of Chapter 1 of Division 7.