Vehicle Code Appendix B List of Violations Division 7 Financial Responsibility Laws

Types of Violations
C – Civil
F – Felony
I – Infraction
M – Misdemeanor

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This section, excepting entries for Occupational Licensing and Business Regulation (Div.5), is provided by the California Highway Patrol as an informational guide only and is not intended to supplant sections of the vehicle code enacted into law. The following list has not been codified and does not carry the force or effect of statute.

Types of convictions received for violation of certain sections of Division 7 of the Vehicle Code.
Type VC Section Violation
I16000SR-1 report, within 10 days of reportable on-highway or off- highway accident.
I16002Employer's report, within 10 days. Driver's of publicly owned/operated transit vehicles to report collisions within 10 days of their occurrence and maintain records of such collisions.
I16003Driver incapable, owner shall file report.
I16020(a)Driver and owner must maintain a form of financial responsibility and shall carry evidence of financial responsibility in the vehicle at all times. Name of insurance company and policy number required for proper evidence of financial responsibility when requested.
I16020.3Vanpool vehicle, employer must maintain proof of financial responsibility.
I16025(a)Exchange of information, including evidence of financial responsibility, at the scene of an accident.
I16028(a)Display proof of financial responsibility when requested by a peace officer or traffic investigator when involved in an accident.
I16028(c)Display proof of financial responsibility when requested by a peace officer when involved in an accident.
I16030(a)Providing false evidence of financial responsibility.
I16050.5Owner shall furnish driver involved in reportable accident of his/her insurance information.
I16054Requires the owner of an insured vehicle to furnish insurance information to an individual involved in an accident while operating the vehicle with the owner's permission.
I16457(a)Driving a motor vehicle not covered by a certificate of insurance when proof of ability to respond in damages is required.
I16502Commercial passenger vehicle, owner to maintain proof of ability to respond.
M16560Interstate highway carriers, failure to comply with P.U.C. regulations.