How to Re register a Junked Vehicle Checklist

The requirements to re-register a vehicle previously junked are:

A completed Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).

The "junk" receipt or a bill of sale from the dismantler. A dismantler's bill of sale must include the dismantler's acquisition number.

Any additional bills of sale needed to establish a complete chain of ownership from the person shown on the junk receipt or dismantler's bill of sale to you.

A vehicle inspection by an authorized DMV employee or the California Highway Patrol.

Official Brake and Light Adjustment Certificates.

A weight certificate from a California Certified Public Weighmaster, if the vehicle is a pickup or truck.

Smog Certification, if the vehicle is a 1976 or newer year model.

A Total Loss Salvage Vehicles and Dismantled Vehicles Inspection Fee.

A Prior History Fee.

Registration Fees.

Additional information regarding re-registering a junked vehicle.