Providing Proof of Insurance To Register My Commercially Insured Vehicle

Insurance companies are not required to report commercial/business insurance policy information to DMV; however, commercially insured vehicles must submit proof of insurance within 30 days of the date the registration card was issued for transfer or original applications.

To submit proof for vehicles that are commercially insured, a Notification of Alternative Forms of Financial Responsibility (PDF) (REG 5085) and proof of insurance must be included with a completed transfer or original application.

NOTE: Personal vehicles covered by a commercial/business policy might not be identified as commercially insured. If you receive a notice requesting insurance, you must send a copy of your insurance card or the declaration page of your policy to the Vehicle Registration Financial Responsibility Program prior to the suspension effective date shown on the notice.

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 5 or greater) to view, fill out and print the linked form on this page. If you have problems with Acrobat Reader or our PDF forms see the Adobe Troubleshooting page for possible solutions.