Occupational License Status Information System
You must agree with the following Legal Notice and Disclaimer to access Online Occupational License Information System.
Legal Notice and Disclaimer
Welcome to the web site of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The DMV's web site is designed to facilitate the distribution of information regarding the duties and functions of the DMV. It is designed to encourage and promote the free exchange of information, ideas, and opinions, except when the content may invade personal privacy, violate property rights, constitute libel, or a violation of any applicable federal, state, or local laws.
All access to, and any use of, the DMV's web site is governed by the following disclaimers and limits on its use. These disclaimers apply to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information. The DMV and its web site provide this information on an AS IS basis. Construction of the disclaimers above and resolution of disputes thereof are governed by the laws of the State of California.
Pursuant to the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 (Title 18, U.S.C., Section 2510, et seq.), notice is hereby given that there are no facilities provided by this web site for sending or receiving truly private or confidential electronic communications.
You are advised that content that is free and publicly available may be protected under United States copyright law. Material that is eligible for statutory copyright protection is protected from certain uses, which include, but are not limited to, any unauthorized reproduction, display, distribution, or preparation of a derivative work for purposes of sale.
The information on this web site is provided solely for the convenience of the user. Although the data found using DMV's Occupational Licensing access systems have been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, no representation or warranty is made by the DMV that this web site or information contained herein accurately reflects current records, data, material or information.
You are advised that DMV, unless statutorily required, has no continuing obligation to provide information on its web site. The location of information may change as menus and homepages are reorganized. Content that is free and publicly available may one day be eliminated, restricted or require a fee.
DMV assumes no responsibility for erroneous, incomplete or out-of-date information. The user should contact DMV to insure that the information herein is current and accurate. All warranties of any kind, including but not limited to the IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, freedom from contamination by computer viruses and non-infringement of proprietary rights ARE DISCLAIMED.
You are advised that DMV is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages referenced from or to DMV's web site. In addition, the DMV and the State of California are not responsible for the content of files, which are uploaded for inclusion.
If the user has obtained information from the DMV from a source other than the actual DMV web site, the user must be aware that electronic data can be altered subsequent to original distribution. It is recommended that the user pay careful attention to the contents of any metadata associated with a file, and that the originator of the data or information be contacted with any questions regarding appropriate use. If the user finds any errors or omission, we encourage the user to report them to the system operator.
The user should not rely on the presentation of statutes or regulations referenced in this web site, but should consult the actual text of the law. Legal requirements frequently change and the user may wish to seek the advice of counsel.
Please note and understand your responsibilities as a "user", as they apply to the following disclaimers and policies for the DMV and the State of California.
- You agree not to use the web site for any illegal purpose or activity. You agree not to do anything on the web site that may damage the computer hardware, software, or data files, or the web site operation in any way.
- You agree and specifically acknowledge that the system operator, the DMV, the State of California, their employees and agents, and their contributors to this web site are not liable for any matters relating directly or indirectly to your use of this web site and the information contained therein, or for any defamatory, offensive, misleading or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties. Any risk of injury from the foregoing rest entirely with the user, and the user assumes responsibility for any files, which the user uploads and/or downloads and/or views, including data destroyed by viruses or other computer initiated problems.
- You further explicitly acknowledge that all information and software obtained on this web site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and that the entire risk of acting on information obtained from this web site, including the entire costs of all necessary remedies, is with those who choose to act on such information and not the DMV or State of California. DMV does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free.
- You agree that a disclaimer for liability applies to all claims for damages or injury, including, but not limited to: failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, or unauthorized access to or alteration of data, whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, negligence or under any other cause of action.
- You agree to adhere to these user policies and are requested to immediately notify the system operator at: email@example.com if you discover any violations of these rules. If you are not prepared to abide by this agreement, please log off now.