Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Program
Since 1998, a number of Assembly Bills have been passed to provide contracting opportunities to small businesses and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE):
- AB 2405 – An act relating to workforce training programs and making an appropriation.
- AB 835 – An act relating to public utilities.
- AB 409 – An act to amend Section 13961.01 of the Government Code, relating to victims of crime and making an appropriation.
- AB 505 – An act to amend Section 1428 of the Health and Safety Code, relating to health facilities.
- AB 737 – An act to amend Section 14838.5 of the Government Code, relating to public contracts.
- AB 941 – An act to amend Sections 999.2, 999.7, and 999.11 of, and to amend, renumber, and add Section 999.12 of, the Military and Veterans Code, relating to veterans affairs.
- AB 1084 – An act to amend Sections 14836, 14837, 14838.5, 14839, 14839.1, 14840, 14842, and 14842.5 of, and to repeal and add Section 14838 of, the Government Code, and to amend Sections 2000 and 2001 of, and to add Sections 2002 and 10116 to, the Public Contract Code, relating to public contracts.
To read more about these particular bills, please refer to the state website at www.leginfo.ca.gov.
Need something else?
Small Business Advocate Program
Do you own a small business or DVBE? Our Small Business Advocate Program can help identify opportunities for small and veteran-owned businesses.
Products & Services Needed
If your small business offers any of these products or services, DMV would like to work with you!
Small Business & DVBE Program
DMV is committed to supporting small and veteran-owned businesses; let’s help each other!