California Driver Handbook - Knowledge Test Sample #1
1. When you drive through a construction zone, you should:
- Slow down to watch the workers.
- Decrease your following distance.
- Pass the construction zone carefully and not "rubberneck".
2. To make a right turn at the corner, you:
- May not enter the bicycle lane.
- Should only merge into the bicycle lane if you stop before turning.
- Must merge into the bicycle lane before turning.
3. If a traffic signal light is not working, you must:
- Stop, then proceed when safe.
- Stop before entering the intersection and let all other traffic go first.
- Slow down or stop, only if necessary.
4. A pedestrian is crossing your lane but there is no marked crosswalk. You should:
- Make sure the pedestrian sees you, but continue driving.
- Carefully drive around the pedestrian.
- Stop and let the pedestrian cross the street.
5. Always use your seat belt:
- Unless the vehicle was built before 1978.
- Unless you are in a limousine.
- When the vehicle is equipped with seat belts.
6. The extra space in front of a large truck is needed for:
- Other drivers when merging onto a freeway.
- The truck driver to stop the vehicle.
- Other drivers when they want to slow down.
7. Roads are slippery after it first starts to rain. When the road is slippery you should:
- Avoid making fast turns and fast stops.
- Test your tires' traction while going uphill.
- Decrease the distance you look ahead of your vehicle.
8. Collisions can happen more often when:
- All vehicles are traveling about the same speed.
- One lane of traffic is traveling faster than the other lanes.
- One vehicle is traveling faster or slower than the flow of traffic.
- (c) Pass the construction zone carefully and not “rubberneck”.
- (c) Must merge into the bicycle lane before turning.
- (a) Stop, then proceed when safe.
- (c) Stop and let the pedestrian cross the street.
- (c) When the vehicle is equipped with seat belts.
- (b) The truck driver to stop the vehicle.
- (a) Avoid making fast turns and fast stops.
- (c) One vehicle is traveling faster or slower than the flow of traffic.