Select a Calculator to Begin
- Registration renewal fees
- Vehicle License Fee (VLF) paid for tax purposes
- Registration fees for new vehicles that will be purchased in California from a licensed California dealer
- Registration fees for nonresident vehicles registered outside the state of California
- Registration fees for used vehicles that will be purchased in California
Disregard transportation improvement fee (TIF) generated for commercial vehicles with Unladen Weight of 10,001 pounds or greater. These vehicles are exempt from paying the TIF. The vehicle registration fee calculator will be corrected soon.
Skip the line and renew your vehicle registration online.
When a vehicle/vessel is bought or sold, or there’s any change to the registered owner or lienholder (legal owner), the California Certificate of Title needs to be transferred to the new owner.
DMV offers many services that can be handled online.