Quick Reference Charts
6.030 Nontitle (Goldenrod) California Vehicle
Definition: A nontitle (Goldenrod) California registration is issued when out-of-state titling documents are not submitted at the time of application for California registration. The registration card is marked:
**NO TITLE ISSUED/VEHICLE NOT TRANSFERABLE**
***CONTACT DMV FOR CA TITLE INFO***
Notice of Acquisition (REG 42): Required
Report of Vehicle To Be Dismantled (REG 42): Required
When can the vehicle be dismantled?
- Ten days after the Dismantlers Notice of Acquisition (REG 42) is mailed to the department.
- Any time after the Report of Vehicle To Be Dismantled (REG 42), evidence of ownership, and license plates or Dismantler’s Notice of License Plate Destruction are delivered to the department.
Documents required to obtain junk status:
Submit to the department:
- Report of Vehicle to be Dismantled (REG 42).
- Application for Title and Registration (REG 343) completed in the dismantler’s name.
- California registration card.
- Out-of-state titling documents.
- If the vehicle was purchased from someone other than the registered owner, as shown on the out-of-state title, bill(s) of sale to complete the chain of of ownership showing the dismantler as the latest owner.