Quick Reference Charts
6.110 Abandoned Low Value Vehicles (VC §§22669, 22851.3)
Definition: A vehicle valued at $500 or less that was removed by a public agency because it was abandoned.
Notice of Acquisition (REG 42): Not required
Report of Vehicle To Be Dismantled (REG 42): Required
When can the vehicle be dismantled?
Any time after the Report of Vehicle To Be Dismantled (REG 42), evidence of ownership, and license plates or Dismantler’s Notice of License Plate Destruction (REG 42) are delivered to the department.
Documents required to obtain junk status:
Submit to the department:
- Report of Vehicle To Be Dismantled (REG 42).
- Public Agency Authorization To Dispose of a Vehicle to a Scrap Iron Processor or Dismantler Valued at $500 or Less (REG 462), pink copy.
- Notice of Intent To Dispose of a Vehicle Valued at $500 or Less Removed by a Public Agency (REG 684B).
- Statement of Facts for Vehicles Valued at $500 or Less Removed by a Public Agency CVC 22851.3
- Certified mail receipts to the interested parties.
- A copy of the written notification from the public agency.