Driver License / Identification Card Renewal
In order to process your renewal, you must:
- Be the person named on the renewal notice
- Not have a change of address
- Note: If you wish to apply for a Reduced Fee Identification Card, you must bring the original, completed Verification for Reduced Fee Identification Card (DL 937) to the DMV along with your payment and your Renewal Notice. Verification for Reduced Fee Identification Card (DL 937) must be presented to DMV within 60 days of its completion by the governmental or non-profit entity.
If you have recently submitted or intend to submit within the next 7-10 days an online change of address, we recommend that you mail in your renewal notice and change your address on the back of the form. This will avoid delays in receiving your driver license or identification card.
- You will need one of your checks (not a deposit slip) to obtain the bank routing number and account number.
- When entering your account number do not include the check number.
- E-check customers cannot purchase more than one item per transaction.
- Business checks are not acceptable for e-checking.
Or one of the following credit cards:
Or ATM/debit card from any of the following participating networks:
No additional fee is charged for renewing your driver license or identification card online.
If you want to apply for a different type of ID card than the type you currently have, you must visit your local DMV field office.
Follow these steps to renew online:
- Read and acknowledge the medical information, disclosures, and certifications
- Select payment option and enter your payment information (if applicable)
- Read and acknowledge e-Checking agreement (if applicable)
- Internet Renewal FAQs
- Organ and Tissue Donor FAQs
- Renewal ID Number
- Browser Info
- Privacy/Security Info
- Security Awareness (PDF)